Environmental And Community Efforts
Bike Arenal is voluntarily participating in the Certification in Sustainable Tourism Program - CST. This is an initiative of the Costa Rican Tourism Institute and Rainforest Alliance designed to differentiate tourism sector businesses based on the degree to which they comply with a sustainable model of natural, cultural and social resource management
- 1. Bike Arenal supports the Code of Conduct for the Protection of Children from Sexual Exploitation in Travel and Tourism.
- 2. Bike Arenal sponsors the Safe Community Programs of the Costa Rican Ministry of Security (Police).
- 3. Bike Arenal supports the International Mountain Bicycling Association.
- 4. Bike Arenal is conscious of the erosion that mountain bikes can cause and therefore limits its routes to permanent roads and footpaths only Bike Arenal uses only organic degreasers for the cleaning of bicycles.
- 5. Bike Arenal in committed to the protection and rational use of the natural resources, we follow these policies:
a. Do not collect plants or animals
b. Do not feed the animals
c. Do not make excessive noises that can disturb the living species
d. Picking up all our garbage
e. NO smoking during our rides
f. Keeping out of restricted areas
- 6. Sponsorship to cyclists representing La Fortuna in the Costa Rica National Championships of Road Cycling in June 2005.
- 7. Sponsorship to the team representing La Fortuna in the adventure race "24 Hours of Arenal".
- 8. Donation of helmets and bike parts to the local bicycle policemen in La Fortuna and San Ramon towns.